Monday, August 21, 2017

Darkness, like never before.....


The Solar Eclipse, 2017....    Darkness




Today is capitalism and marketing at its best.  Today is "Eclipse Day". The day, we as a country, observe darkness, at the wrong time.  Really? ABC is devoting 120 minutes of airtime to a moving 2 1/2 minute.........of Darkness.  People have paid months in advance to be in the path of.....darkness.  Am I the only one that knows Darkness comes every......night?  

People are spending up to $15.00 for a pair of paper glasses that are good for about 2 1/2 minutes, but hold on to them because in 2024 you'll be able to use them again.  And they make such a wonderful fashion statement, "Hi, am I too early for Halloween?"  

Some sat in traffic jams for the opportunity to see it.  Schools delayed the ending of school so that students, who never listen anyway, are going to look at the solar eclipse without these "Versace-like" glasses and burn their eyes out.

There are millions of people fascinated with this phenomenon..........Darkness in the middle of the day.  Hey, it happens to me, nearly every day about this time.  It's called a nap. Which is exactly what I'm going to do during this exciting event.  Good Darkness, y'all.

Please follow me on Twitter @slblue. If you have a moment, I would love to hear from you, either add a comment in the section below or send me an email to: steveblue22@gmail.com Please be sure to forward the blog to your co-workers, family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm never fascinated by a nap, I'm a willing victim of it. I LOVE naps. I took my kids out of school and up to the totality zone and I believe it will be a lifelong memory of them, hopefully not only because of the horrible traffic home.

    ReplyDelete