Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Checkout

When you are my age, you spend a lot of time at various doctors.  After finishing my exam at the doctor yesterday, he said, “Follow the signs to check out.”  As I walked through the medical maze I found “the checkout desk” with a big CHECKOUT sign above the opening in the wall.  


As expected, there was a small line to checkout. After taking my place in line, I laughed to myself.  Soon, it was my turn.  When the clerk looked up, she said, “are you ready to checkout?”  I said, “NO.  I’m nearly 80 years old,  I’m not ready to “checkout” and actually, I’m a little concerned as it appears that the doctor may have forgotten to tell me something. She looked confused and then smiled and said, “not that checkout.”  I thanked her, and smiled.  She thanked me for the smile as she was having a tough day.   


Try to make someone smile every day because it means you will as well. 


Please follow me on X @slblue. If you have a moment, I would love to hear from you, either add a comment in the section below or send me an email to: steveblue22@gmail.com Please be sure to forward the blog to your co-workers, family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment